Black currant is my favourite flavour.I love its tangy flavour and also the lavender – purple colour. However I never came across a black current flavoured cake locally. I thought of trying one myself and it turned out really good.
Serving : 8″
- 160 gm curd
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100 gm castor sugar ( you can reduce the quantity of sugar as tang has its own sweetness)
- 140 gm refined flour
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 30ml fat ]
- tang grape flavour ( 2 -3 tb)
1) Beat curd , sugar , baking powder and soda. Keep it aside for 5 mins. It will start bubbling.
2) After this procedure put refined flour into it. Dont put the mixture all togather into the batter.
For the black currant flavour
Add tang grape powder ( 3tb)
Mix well. And add fat in the last stage.
3) put this batter into a dusted tin and bake it at 160 degree celsius for 30 mins.
for making it in cooker :
remove the ring and the whistle of the pressure cooker. heat the empty pressure cooker for 5 mins and then place the tin. flame should be low . and let it cook for 30 mins.
Your cake is ready!