This is a very tasty and easy recipe. Its a good recipe to be served as starter. A good substitute to the fried starters. It tastes like the kofta. If you dont like the indian taste you can replace the spices with pepper , chilly flakes and mixed herbs to give it a bland taste.
Adopted from sanjeev kapoor book
For two capsicums :
- 1 boiled potato peel and mashed
- chopped green chillies
- finely chopped onion
- fresh coriander leaves
- cashews (coarsely chopped)
- red chilly powder
- garam masala
- cheese (grated)
1) Wash capsicums , slice off thinly from the top and remove seeds to make it hollow. Similarly
slice off thinly from bottom.
2) wash and chop green chillies , chop onion and coriander leaves.
3) Mix well potatoes , cashew nuts , raisins ,red chilly powder , garam masala , coriander leaves and keep aside.
4) preheat oven to 225 degree celsius.
5) Heat oil in a pan. Add onion. cook till translucent and add green chillies. Mix in potato mixture and continue to cook for 2 mins. Divide the mixture evenly and stuff them into the prepared capsicum shells. Sprinkle cheese and place it on a baking tray.
6) Bake capsicums at 225 degree celsius for 10 – 15mins. Serve immediately
- I like the burnt taste of cheese , if you dont like add cheese at a latter stage. and bake again.